Polar Partners designs the world’s best schools based on the Finnish education model. Our team has years of experience in education development and we share a passion for creating a brighter future for children. Do you want to be a part of the journey?
Work with a real meaning
In Polar Partners you get to work with a multinational and vibrant team. We are open to new skilled professionals who want to be a part of creating better education in the world. In the future we will need individuals with varied skills, relevant previous experience, and a very proactive mindset – We would highly appreciate your experience in one or several of the following areas:
- Project management with experience in educational projects or from other industry
- International sales with a proven track record
- Education from a teacher’s or management’s perspective
- Education development, Education export, Edtech
- Digital marketing and content creation
- Private school business
- International NGO projects
- International investments and funding options
With us, you will have challenges suitable for your background and gain opportunities to develop education worldwide with your skills. Our head office is in Tampere, Finland, where we have a lovely communal office above the rooftops, and we also have employees in Lima, Peru, but we can work wherever as our projects are located all over the world. Our main working language is English. Get to know more about us.
We have open positions:
We are looking for an International project managers
Do you want to be part of Polar Partners’ passionate team in developing education worldwide?
Polar Partners Ltd is a fast-growing pioneer in designing high-quality schools based on the Finnish education model. Our team is growing, and we are looking for an experienced and certified project management professional, who can handle complex projects in the global education market. Our Project Manager has smooth communication skills and is able to manage money, time and people.
Skills and candidate profile we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in business, project management or related discipline
- 5+ years of international experience in project management
- Project manager certification (i.e., PMP, IPMA)
- Committed team player with a proactive mindset
- Strong leadership skills
- Able to handle complex situations and is not afraid to face challenges
- Strategic thinking skills and facilitation skills
- Sound ICT skills and online collaboration skills
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Fluent English speaker (other language skills e.g., Spanish, Arabic are appreciated)
- Experience in the field of education is considered a bonus, but is not required
- Readiness to work in different time zones and to travel for work, also for longer periods of time
Your role and key tasks
- Managing education projects, i.e., set-up and development projects of international schools, on different continents (Europe, Africa, or Latin America)
- Taking a holistic responsibility of a project: negotiations, analysis, planning, budgeting, implementation and development, together with the customer’s team
- Weekly communication and customer relationship management
- Delivering projects with our extensive partner network of highly skilled educational specialists from Finland
- Identifying relevant stakeholders internationally and involving them in the process
- Active problem-solving
- Ensuring the quality of the projects by monitoring and reporting
- Developing our project management processes, tools and concepts
What we offer
- A position in a dynamic and energetic working environment in rapidly growing company (employees in Tampere & Helsinki, Finland and Lima, Peru).
- Being a part of a passionate and committed team aiming to make an impact on the world by with quality education.
- Work with meaningful international projects with the leading school concept based on Finnish education.
- Full-time independent role with great responsibility, but with flexibility and support from an experienced team.
- International career with the opportunity to develop Polar Partners and your own competencies.
- Please send your CV & comprehensive LinkedIn profile, short description of your skills and motivation letter with a salary request – with headline “Project Manager” to email@example.com
- Application is open still open. The first interviews will be conducted in April-May 2022, but we are looking for more than just 1 person for this position. The position is filled as soon as the right person is found.