We believe that the purpose of education is to prepare students to become active and competence citizens of the future. All students are encouraged to build their own worldview by pursuing individual interests, learning new skills such as critical thinking, entrepreneurial mindset and environmentally healthy lifestyle thereby making the world a better place.
We want to accelerate the 21st century skills and research based education in the schools we are designing with our clients. Our educational principles are based on the values of the Finnish National Curricula and 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development goals set by the United Nations. The Finnish education is the world’s best education and several education researches have studied it and compared it to another education models from various aspects for over a decade. Here are few examples of the world class results of Finnish education:
- #1 in teaching the skills of the future in Educating for the Future Index 2018 and 2019
- #1 Primary education and #2 Higher education and training in World Economic Forum The Global Competitiveness Report 2017–18
- #1 in Education in OECD Better Life Index 2017
- #1 in learning productivity in OECD 2018
- #1 in preparing students with digital skills in the Global Competitiveness Report 2019
- #1 in skills in the Global Competitiveness Report 2018
- #1 in lifelong learning comparison with EU countries in the European Innovation Scoreboard 2019
- #1 Happiest country in the World in 2018 and 2019 in Gallup World Poll
- #3 in literacy among OECD countries and the only country to combine high performance with life satisfaction, PISA results 2000-2018
Polar Partners is a pioneering expert in implementing these principles in practice with our Finnish education experts.